Friday, August 22, 2014

College Packing

It’s that time of the year again when everyone heads off or back to College! I can remember traveling down to school to start my freshman year like it was yesterday (I still cannot believe I graduated over a year ago. Time flies!). Packing for college can be one of the most stressful tasks. Luckily my Mom helped me with it each year. She made hundreds of lists and set up tables & clothing racks in our basement for all of my clothes and Rubbermaid containers filled with toiletries, towels, cleaning supplies etc.. Literally my Mother was an angel during this time. Each year packing became easier and easier (but I always brought too much stuff haha!). I just wanted to share with you a few tips that I felt really helped when I was away at school.

1. If you are bringing drawers to school like these pack all of the clothes in them already when you get to school just build the stand and pop the drawers in.

2. Ziploc Big Bags. They are amazing! They made carrying bedding, pillows, schools supplies etc. so much easier! 

3. Bed bug protector for your mattress and pillow cases.

4. Buy a Steamer. No one has time to iron or wants to. Best Investment! Seriously!

5. Wrinkle free sheets. It will keep your bed looking nice & neat!

6. Bring several containers of Clorox wipes for just the move-in.

7. Bed Risers = more storage.

8. My Favorite Storage Bins- PBTeen I put them under my bed and in my closet. Their structure allows you to keep everything looking nice and neat. I used three large ones. One for shoes and 2 for clothing.   

9. Always bring extra shampoo and conditioner. Nothing is worse than your local CVS not carrying your favorite products.

10. Paper plates, plastic utensils, and plastic cups. Using disposable plates etc.are so much easier for you and your roommates. Added Bonus: no arguing over who left dirty dishes in the sink.


For the Ultimate Packing List: Check out the HerCampus Article:



No comments:

Post a Comment